We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Food allergies are an inconvenience when preparing the children's menu, and the same happens with childhood obesity when we want to prepare rich but sugar-free desserts, such as this recipe for panqué, a homemade sponge cake.
Our partner Zuzana Pinilla, from 'Beyond gluten' offers us a recipe for children free of sugar and eggs, which are substituted for apple puree: a carob cake. With this recipe we will have a delicious and fat-free sweet sponge cake for children.
- 1 cup of honey or xylitol
- 2 cups of rice flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 5 - 6 tablespoons carob flour (or cocoa powder)
- 2 cups applesauce (about 4 apples, pears can be used)
- ½ - 1 cup of water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C). Prepare the square mold (21cm x 21cm). I used baking paper.
2. Prepare the applesauce. I prepared it by blending the apples (I did not remove the peel). If your blender is not capable of blending apples on their own, you can add a little water to them.
3. In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients (flour, xylitol, xanthan gum, baking powder, carob flour.
4. Mix the applesauce with the vanilla and water.
5. Add little by little to the liquid mixture (puree with water and vanilla) the 'dry' mixture (flour, xylitol ...). Stir well. If at the end the dough is very thick add another little water. If it is too runny add another little rice flour.
6. Put the dough in the prepared mold.
7. Put in the oven. If your oven has the option to heat only from the bottom, set this option for the first 20 minutes, then return to the option to heat from above and below. Do not open the oven for 25-30 minutes.
8. Bake until the knife (or wooden stick) test comes out dry (about 35 minutes). Cool, slice and enjoy!
Recipe and image of Zuzana Pinilla
Blog Beyond Gluten
Vegan recipes, gluten free and sugar free.
Contributor to our site
You can read more articles similar to Ponqué de carobo, juicy sponge cake without sugar, in the category of Biscuits - muffins on site.